Q&A Forums

E03 code Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Bryan Kwater
Posted: Nov 04, 2011 06:14 PM
E03 code
I have an H25 that is 4 or 5 years old. Never had a problem until today. The hose heat display keeps giving me a E03 error code and shutting down. We checked the continuity on the hose heat wires and they checked out good. Any suggestions on what I should try next? I'll be going over the manuals tonight. Never fails when you have a ton of work.
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Nov 05, 2011 07:03 AM
I am assuming that because this unit is 4 years old that you have the temperature control board and not the heating modules. The wiring diagram is at left. Check out the simplified schematic on page 5. See if you have power coming out of the hose circuit breakers, the two on the left, both sides of the breakers. If there is power there, then check the power going to the transformer that is coming out of the temp control board. If there is no power, then you have a bad board, my guess. If there is power coming out of the board, check power at the multi tap setting on the top of the transformer, you could have a bad connection there. E03 is a loss of continuity that can be anywhere in the hose heating circuit. Call if you need help.

George
Bryan Kwater
Posted: Nov 05, 2011 09:36 AM
Thank you for the info.

This machine does have the 3 heating modules. I'm not seeing the multi-taps on the transformer. The transformer is part # 15K742

Both wires going into the transformer have 120 volts, however the larger wires leaving the transformer have different readings. One has 55 volts, and the other has just under 40 volts. Which are the same readings my hose heat lines are giving. Any idea what these are supposed to be?

I've checked both sides of every breaker, the heat module, etc. and it seems that voltages are all consistent.

So, is it safe to say that the Transformer is the issue?
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Nov 05, 2011 07:15 PM
Page 10 of the attached manual tells you how to swap out modules. If you have power across both hose heat wires coming out of the machine, then it sounds like you have no continuity in the hose. Sometimes ohm meters can give you a false reading. Disconnect the whip and check that for continuity. When you had the E03 for the first time, was there any sort of power issue? Usually an E03 is caused by a break in the heating line of the hose. Sometimes it starts as an intermitant problem only showing when the hose gets hot.

There are no multitaps on the transformer with the newer style. I doubt it's your transformer, never had one fail and you have power in and out.

George
Bryan Kwater
Posted: Nov 06, 2011 09:58 AM
I swapped out the modules and got the same E03 on the hose heat only, so that shouldn't be it. I have continuity from the whip to the first section of hose on both heating lines. I have gone section by section through the hose and I'm pretty sure it is fine. I even hooked up different sections to the proportioner and still had the same result.

I put new batteries in our multimeter and got slightly different readings from yesterday. When I disconnect the hose heat lines from the proportioner and measure the volts, at idle, both line 1 and line 2 have 70 volts. When I turn the hose heat on, line 1 jumps to 110 volts, and line 2 drops to 27 volts.

The transformer looks like it got hot somewhere along the line as some of the insulation between the coils is sliding out.

This is the first time we have gotten the E03 error. We were hooked up to shore power for about 5 hours when we noticed it.

Just out of curiosity, if it is the transformer and we have to replace it, can we put one in for a H40 machine and be able to run 410' of hose? Or are there other things that need to be changed as well?

I really appreciate all of your help George. You are definitely "The Man" when it comes to equipment.

Any other suggestions? I posted a pic of the transformer. Hopefully it shows up.
Bryan Kwater
Posted: Nov 07, 2011 09:52 AM
Got it working. Will post more tonight
Bryan Kwater
Posted: Nov 08, 2011 06:38 PM
George, thank you so much for your help. And as usual, you were correct. There ended up being multiple breaks in the hose whip. Sometimes it would show continuity, and other times not. I should have spent more time on the whip section. Lesson learned. Luckily it was an easy and fairly cheap fix.
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Nov 21, 2011 06:44 PM
You're welcome! Thamks for the kind words.

George

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.