Q&A Forums

Building a New Rig Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Chicago Spray Foam
Posted: Dec 16, 2015 04:03 PM
Building a New Rig
We're building another Spray foam rig and want to attempt to make some of the equipment mobile:

*Has anyone used hydraulic quick connects with any success on the heated hoses?

*The motors on the Graco machines don't utilize 3 phase. Is there really a benefit to wiring it up that way vs. 240v single phase where it could be used in high rise condo units more easily.

*Diamond plate looks pretty, but I haven't seen the inside of a working right with one. Moving materials around seem like it would be a dream on diamond plate. Any thoughts would be welcome.

Thanks for any input.
Happy foaming
SprayFoamSystems
Posted: Dec 16, 2015 06:56 PM
Daniel,
I work for Spray Foam Systems in Greensboro, Georgia. We are a Top 20 Graco distributor with a full 24/7 support team. Feel free to contact one of our technicians. They would be happy to assist with any parts you need or questions you may have. Our number is 1-877-737-4362.

Thanks,
Avery
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Dec 22, 2015 07:38 PM
I have seen some really bad diamond plate jobs, and I can share some pics with you. Its terrible after a couple years. High pressure quick connections for fluid? I would not recommend that to much liability for injury - hope that was what you were asking.
Jethro
Posted: Dec 23, 2015 06:29 PM
One problem you will encounter with high pressure quick disconnects is the ISO side will not work well over time. Keep a few spares on hand if your intent is to use them often and regard them as a wear item. For mobile applications like you mention single phase is what you want. 3 phase will eventually cause you hassles trying to power it. Many new machines allow you to switch between 1 ph and 3 ph in 5 min, so it is no issue with that type machine. Diamond plate is for sissies. Paint your floor battleship gray and wipe up all spills immediately.
mark moyer
Posted: Mar 24, 2016 07:28 PM
..we have run black diamond plate on our rigs floors for years.
we have wore the diamonds off in the high drum travel areas over the years..smooth plate,,lol
i would only use diamond plate on my rigs floors..unless you want to replace the plywood deck at about 5yrs or so.
none on the walls..you want a pretty rig,,go to sprayfoammagazine.com and read the article...perty...and you cry the first time your gopher has a fluid spill...
3ph gensets powerin 3ph proportioner, air, heaters,,,,
i use camlock couplers,,disposable item on the iso for sure...but hook up or pump over in minutes...time is indeed money in this game..
so what did you end up doing?
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Apr 20, 2016 02:01 PM
Mark - He bought an hv unit, we haven't heard from him since, lol.
Chicago Spray Foam
Posted: Jun 06, 2016 04:17 AM
We went with plasma cut diamond plate on the floor and 80mil of polyurea on the walls/ceiling. Just stuck with plain 'ole 3ph and convert back to 1ph for high rise work. If SprayFoamMagazine.com ever allows attachments, I'd gladly post some pictures....It turned out pretty sharp.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.